Hello! My name is Ronald Luc and I live in Brno and now for some time in Vienna. By day I study Mathematical Informatics at Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University and work as a Software Developer with a focus on implementing Machine Learning solutions.
On my spare time I help with organization of several educative projects for high schoolers, because I believe action-packed and competitive teaching. I enjoy reading scientific papers, especially about Data Science and Machine Learning – that’s also the reason I’ve created this blog. As a teacher I know you learn the most when trying the explain the curriculum.
I like to think about DNNs as a data-transformation tool.
I myself have developed and deployed two NLP projects (faceup.com, ulekare.cz). I worked for over 2 years on 3 ML projects in Artin (computer vision, sound processing). I love to read NN papers, think about them as data transformations and create diagrams of their architectures.
Sclable Business Solutions GmbH – Machine Learning Research Engineer
March 2019 – Present
- Similarity engine — High-dim space, small training dataset
- Scikit learn, pandas, numpy, REST, Python
ARTIN, spol. s r. o.; Brno, Czechia – Software Developer
October 2016 – Present
- AI powered Assistant — Lead developer | link
- Tensorflow, dlib, OpenCV, STT, TTS, Python
- Speech processing — Classification of children’s pronunciation
- Keras, pandas, numpy, speechpy, Python
- Database system — Database processing pipeline
- Django, PostgreSQL, REST, Python
- TesaBot — Evaluation of text transcription models | link
- OpenCV, C++, Python
- Roboauto — Internship on the first Czech autonomous car
- ROS, I2C, C++
Luzanky, hobby center; Brno, Czechia – IT Teacher
Sep 2013 – Aug 2018
- Teaching basics of programming to children 9–15 years old
- 3 courses every week: C++, GameMaker, Karel